Man in hospital after being shot at Laval restaurant

A man was in hospital late last week after he was gunned down in a restaurant in Laval.

The Laval Police Dept. said the shooting occurred around 7 p.m. on Thursday evening last week at an establishment on Dagenais Blvd.

According to a police incident report, a suspect entered the restaurant, walked towards the victim and fired several times, after which the suspect fled.

The victim, a man in his 40s, was taken to hospital. Police said they didn’t fear for his life. There have been no arrests, but an investigation is underway.

LPD investigates after construction worker dies after six-storey plunge

The Laval Police Dept. is investigating after a 41-year-old man fell six-storeys to his death last week while working at a construction site in Fabreville.

A 9-1-1 call was received by the LPD reporting the fall from a condo building under construction at 3480 St-Elzéar Blvd. Ouest. When officers arrived, they attempted but were unable to revive the man and he was declared dead at the scene.

An LPD spokesperson said police were investigating to learn more about the circumstances leading up to the fall and to determine whether any criminal elements were involved. The Quebec coroner’s office and the CNESST have also been looking into the incident.

A work stoppage was ordered on both the sixth and seventh floors of the building for two days after the incident. The deceased worker was an employee of Cordero Construction and the building contractor is EMD Batimo.

Five-month-old baby found dead in Chomedey

Although criminal charges have been ruled out, a coroner’s inquest has been ordered after a baby just five months old was found unconscious in an apartment in Chomedey last week.

The Laval Police received a 9-1-1 call about the unconscious baby at a residence on Saint-Elzéar Blvd. West.

Although LPD officers immediately tried to revive the child themselves, the infant was transported by ambulance to hospital where its death was declared by medical personnel.

According to at least one media report, the death has been attributed to a medical issue and the child’s state of health. The parents were on the scene and followed the ambulance to hospital.